Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A whole lot harder to get at.

I know you thinking cutting a joke
Maybe you think it's cool
The whole tortured soul thing

Maybe you do it instinctively
Maybe your skin just looks so venerable and maybe you like the control

Maybe you thought you'd try it to mask the pain
And it's like a drug you've been hooked or will be soon

It's not a joke it's not a game and it's not cool.
Hide away your scares and put on a smile.
Put down the razor and stay for a while.


It's been a while since I've last cut but it's been tempting lately. My scares are almost gone just a few little dashes across the skin left.

A quote I read the other day: "But when it came right down to it, the skin of my wrist looked so white and defenseless that I couldn't do it. It was as if what I wanted to kill wasn't in that skin or the thin blue pulse that jumped under my thumb, but somewhere else deeper, more secret and a whole lot harder to get at.

No comments:

Post a Comment